Wednesday, November 4, 2009

another scrub

Alarm bell seems like your comment was scrubbed. I took the liberty to post it again hopefully we'll not get scrubbed again. Also it gives me a chance reply:

I agree, that people should not lose their heritage. But for most of America, Cinco de Mayo is nothing more than an occasion to drink. Just like St. Patrick's Day.

That said, since all Americans are immigrants, and some are proud of their German heritage, or Irish heritage or whatnot, yet can proudly call themselves American, and that is both expected and admired. But when Meb does the same thing, he is criticized. What is the difference between an immigrant from Africa and one from Europe?

Conversely, had he held up an Eritrean flag when he won, he would have been absolutely reamed in the press for not being proud of his citizenry and the country that 'made him what he is." Critics just can't be happy for anyone.

replied Nov 04, 2009 at 13:44:54 by alarmbell
replied Nov 04, 2009 at 16:25:04 by Cavil


this is my reply to my friend alarm bell:

I think you are suffering from a bad case of Boy Scout. Of course when people take part in others culture of celebration is just another excuse to drink, I say drinking and be merry (perhaps a few will actually learn a bit about the other culture) I don't think meb was criticized for celebrating its ethnic background, during sports events he always celebrates his American citizenship. it was Rovell's narrow minded comments that made this an issue. unfortunately some people will take potshots I say F_U_C_K them.
replied Nov 04, 2009 at 16:36:38 by Cavil

No comments:

Post a Comment